Here's some of the quotes from the test.
- …. the Ninja’s powerplant feels like a jet engine---emitting a whooshing noise as it cranks out a smooth stream of power that is so well metered that even a novice rider wouldn’t feel overwhelmed.
- Probably the biggest testament to the Ninja is how in a matter of a few seconds you can be traveling at triple digits speeds but the bike is so silky smooth that you’d think you’re only moving at 40 mph.
- In terms of peak torque the
- On the street the Ninja delivers a superb ride quality. It floats across road imperfections and the engine delivers minimal vibration through the footpegs and handlebar.
- Don’t let the Ninja’s impeccable street manners fool you though because in the corners this bike has some serious potential.
- Dip the Ninja into a turn and you’ll be surprised just how agile and responsive it feels. Ground clearance is good too.
- Perhaps the most impressive feature of the Kawasaki is not how fast it is nor it’s high-level of comfort, but how crazy easy it is to command. Though it was designed for those seeking the utmost in thrills and straight-line performance we can’t help but think of the words ‘effortless’ and ‘friendly’ when describing what it’s like to ride it. Get out of the way Suzuki and BMW: from the street to the racetrack and everywhere in between the Ninja is the definitive Hypersport bike of ’12 and the clear winner in this year’s shootout.
Visit www.motorcycle-usa.com to view the entire test.